|Posted on October 9, 2016 at 6:50 AM|
1. You need to make 3x the rent to qualify
2. There will be a higher deposit, you get your deposit back if you take care of the apartment.
3. You need to know your credit score and how much you owe any properties or utility companies, check your credit for free at Creditkarma.com before applying anywhere.
4. You may be asked to pay off your property debt before approval.
5. You may be required to have good rental history after your property debt.
6. You cannot have more than 2 property debts.
7. Evictions must be over 1 year old, Broken leases must be over 6 months old.
8. All second chance properties do not have the same criteria and are not guaranteed to approve you.
9. Property balances under 1500 are highly likely to be approved.
10. Starting a payment plan on your property debt before you apply for an apt greatly increases your chances of being approved.
Bonus - Bankruptcy cases must be closed in order to be approved.